When we say "personal information" we mean identifiable information about you, such as your name, email, address, telephone number and so on.
Information we collect
Our website can be viewed without the need for you to disclose any personal information to us.
If you wish to contact us via our website, then you must complete the contact form which requires that you disclose a limited amount of personal information to us.
We may collect, store and use the following types of personal information from you either directly or indirectly from your use of our website and/or our services or from third parties or third party systems:
- your name, address, email address, and telephone number;
- aggregate technical information, which tracks traffic to our website, which includes, but is not limited to, your device identifier, server address, IP address, domain (whether you are accessing our website from New Zealand or elsewhere), the platform you are using, browsers used when accessing our website (including the version), your search terms, pages accessed on our website, links that are clicked on, date and time of website visits, your operating systems, and any other such technical information relating to your use of our website; and
- any other such personal information that you provide to us through your dealings with us.
Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain services (including on our website) not being available to you.
We only keep your personal information for as long as we require it for the purposes of providing you with our services. Following that, we'll make sure it's deleted or de-identified.
How we collect your personal information
The personal information we collect may be collected in a number of ways, including but not limited to, when you:
- use or browse our website or make enquiries for or about our services;
- access and/or download our publications
- use our services or otherwise work for or with us;
- communicate with us (including through your interaction with our team by telephone, email, or messages via our website);
- through cookies (see clause 7 below);
- complete surveys or questionnaires about us, our clients, our services or our clients’ services; and
- provided by third parties authorised by you.
Why we collect your personal information
We may process and use the personal information we collect from you:
- to deliver our services, including but not limited to contacting your customers, information and/or research services, supply management and demand management, contracting for services, and information required for administration and/or invoicing;
- to respond to your enquiries about us, our website, or our services;
- to take instructions for our services from you and fulfil those instructions;
- to measure, manage, monitor, develop and improve our website and/or services;
- to contact you and your clients as necessary, including about any instructions you give, or services you may be interested in;
- to investigate any complaints;
- to send you promotions or special offers from us that we think you may be interested in, including sending electronic messages such as text messages and emails;
- we may, from time to time, anonymise data and use it in a manner in which you cannot be identified so we can understand how our website is being used;
- for any other use that you authorise; and
- to do anything else required or permitted by laws, rules or regulations in New Zealand, including the Privacy Act.
When we disclose your personal information
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- enforce our agreements, policies and terms;
- protect the security or integrity of our website and our related services;
- if we are selling, assigning or transferring any of our assets or business; or
We may also share your personal information with third parties that we engage to perform services on our behalf or assist in providing our services to you, for example third party service providers who provide hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, infrastructure, analysis, marketing, delivery and other services for us. If a third party service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us and only use your personal information as required to perform their function (and not for other purposes) and do so in accordance with applicable privacy laws. Some of these service providers may be located in countries other than yours or ours.
Cookies and tracking
We may use a "cookie" file, tracking pixels and other related technologies containing information that can identify the computer, smartphone or other web–enabled device that you are working from.
We may use the information generated by cookies, tracking pixels and other related technologies to:
- track traffic patterns to and from our website including information like the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, and referring pages (pages you came from or go to); and
- ensure any advertising is being shown to the most appropriate person and limit the frequency of display for certain advertising formats.
The browsers of most computers, smartphones and other web–enabled devices are usually set up to accept cookies. If your browser preferences allow it, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when cookies are set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn about how to change your cookie preferences. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use our website in general, but you may need them for any customisable areas that we have now or in the future. Please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our website. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it may affect how the website works and you may not be able to access all or parts of the website.
Links to other websites
Storage and security
While we take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As such, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit or receive through our website and these activities are conducted at your own risk.
If you believe there may have been a privacy breach, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact details provided below.
Your rights to access, correct and update your personal information
It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you, request that we update or correct any personal information we hold about you, ask us to restrict or cease processing your personal information or even delete your personal information, by setting out your request in writing and sending it to us at the contact details set out below.
You will not usually have to pay a fee to access your personal information. However, we may charge a reasonable fee where permitted by law if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
- Postal Address: ThoughtFull, Shed 15.4 Cityworks Depot, 90 Wellesley Street West, Auckland 1011, New Zealand
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 021 717 532
If you are not satisfied with our response to any privacy related concern you may have, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner online at www.privacy.org.nz, or:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10-094
Wellington 6143, New Zealand
Enquiries Line: 0800 803 909
Last Updated: 2 November 2021